This is administrative and managerial workinvolving the coordination and supervision of buildings and grounds maintenanceand custodian activities. Typically thisposition is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and upkeep of buildings,grounds, facilities and equipment including equipment and machinery involvedwith parking garages, parking lots, on-street parking, and for monitoringcontracts or contractors providing services to ACDA facilities. This positionreports to the Parking Director.
· Manages and supervises maintenance and repair of parking garages, offices, parkingl ots, on-street parking including structural repairs to masonry, wood work walls, doors, hardware, and furnishings of buildings and in maintaining and repairing building utility systems, garage operating systems, electrical wiring and controls, heating and ventilation systems, plumbing systems, revenue collection machinery, entry and egress machinery and other systems.. Schedules and supervises preventive maintenance and repair work on all systems as needed.
· Manages and supervises grounds maintenance activities such as mowing grass, trimming hedges, removing weeds, raking/disposing of leaves and refuse; and. striping of paved surfaces of parking lots and garages.
· Manages and supervises custodian activities involved in the cleanliness of areas in, on or around parking garages including public areas, elevators, offices, and public gathering places.
· Schedules and estimates time and materials for repair and maintenance projects; prepares contracting documents, as required.
· Supervises the maintenance and inventory of facilities, tools, vehicles and equipment and the safety and operation of equipment and vehicles Requisitions tools, equipment, supplies and parts to accomplish work. Approves specialized repair of vehicles and equipment.
· Establishes and monitors performance requirements, delivery schedules, and estimates of costs of materials, equipment and services to ensure completeness and accuracy.
· Schedules and initiates contractor repair and renovation work including but not limited to snow removal, fire protection, elevator maintenance, electrical repair, and plumbing and HVAC.
· Evaluates and/or monitors contract performance to determine need for amendments or extensions to contract(s), and compliance with contractual obligations. Serves as liaison between contractor and ACDA.
· Provides input during annual budget process; monitors expenditures to prevent budget overruns; requests budget revisions depending on changing operational need.
· Maintains Municipality of Anchorage building code standards.
· Acts as the Safety Officer for ACDA, conducts regular safety meetings and attends AMLJIA teleconferences.
· Assists the Parking Director in writing proposals, RFP’s and contracts.
· Attends ACDA Operations Committee meetings and board meetings if requested by the Parking Director.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Supervises Maintenance Technicians, establishes individual performance goals for assigned staff; prepares performance appraisals, recommends hiring and discipline as needed; approves requests for time off; prepares work schedules and authorizes overtime as needed.
· Knowledgeof: methods and safe techniques of the repair and maintenance of buildings,grounds, machinery and equipment, electronic equipment including revenueproducing equipment; custodian services and needs; and of preventivemaintenance of buildings, vehicles and equipment.
· Knowledgeof OSHA and other environmental regulations.
· Knowledgeof: business and management principles involved in strategic planning; resourceallocation; modern supervisory practices; leadership techniques; productionmethods; and coordination of people and resources.
· Knowledgeof: processes and procedures used in preparing bid specifications, budgetingand budget/expenditure monitoring.
· Abilityto: establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors,vendors, employees, ACDA management and patrons representing a widely diverseeconomic and ethnic community; to communicate effectively orally and inwriting; to
Operate; standard office equipment including personalcomputers; to effectively utilize
· Wordprocessing, e-mail and chart-producing software, and the ability to understandand implement complex operating instructions, federal, state and local laws,rules and regulations.
· Abilityto: operate hand and power tools required for the maintenance of buildings andgrounds; to operate a motor vehicle, ATV, vehicle with snow plow or otherequipment related to the maintenance of buildings and grounds.
This position requires sitting, standing, walking, talking,and hearing, seeing, hand and finger dexterity, climbing, stooping, bending,pushing, pulling, crouching and carrying objects up to 75 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office environment withmoderate noise level but will include work outside in inclement weather conditions and will be exposed to extremetemperatures, exhaust and other fumes, dirt, dust, vapors, smoke, movingvehicles, and fumes or airborne particles from cleaning solvents and otherproducts.